Saturday, 23 February 2013

Edge Of Oblivion

Standing on the edge of oblivion,
Unsure of what is to come,
I stand gazing at the clouds.
In expectation of some wet shower,
For the fragrance of the misty dawn,
The softness of the moist green grass,
And that which my soul longs for.
The rings of light reflect on my eyes,
Spreading vivid colors of blue and yellow.
A beautiful day so naive and fresh,
Yet I stand solitary, awaiting the beginning.
It is not for me to gather,
Why you choose to stand afar,
And stare at me with unsaid words,
Of love or hate and whatever else.
Won't you whisper the endless tune?
Won't you awaken the intense verve?
Or will you fade away too,
Soon as the dusk falls upon the scape?

Still I stand solitary,
Gazing at the rain less clouds.





10 comments:

  1. It is not for me to gather,
    Why you choose to stand afar,
    And stare and me with unsaid words,
    Of love or hate and whatever else.

    Very tightly woven. It's always good to see when characters walk in to a scene so effortlessly. Been quite some time since I read something so calculatingly introspective. And you have a way with words. Do check out this guy's works - he is an inspiration for anyone who wants to write poems - http://probad.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Saurabh. Did check the link. Truely an inspiration!

      Delete
  2. elegance dripping in every line . Loved the way you breathed life into the emotion !

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey there is something waiting for you A Liebster Award
    Congratzz
    http://timetoseedreamzz.blogspot.in/2013/03/liebster.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. And you made me stand beside you...
    Awaiting the mighty shower!!!

    Loved it

    ReplyDelete
  5. It felt as if I stood at the edge and saw what you wanted your reader to see... :) thoughtful n deep.. keep posting.. :) tc

    ReplyDelete
  6. found you via blogadda and am so glad to have tripped upon your blog. these verses are beautiful. will come back to read more :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...