Saturday, 6 October 2012

10 Things About God's Own Country


Here's a list of 10 things I noticed on my recent visit to Kerala:

1. One can never predict a hartal. Any day, any time and your travel plans can go berserk.


2. Everybody's building a house, a huge one, only to either keep it locked, or for their old parents to stay. Two oldies, in a big mansion. Spooky.

3. Every second person wants to make it to the "gelf". As always!

4. Getting married in Kerala is a very bad idea.

5. Every third person I met kept asking me if I was a nurse. Come on, are you kidding me?

6. No matter how expensive gold can get, all the jewelry showrooms are filled with customers. Bling!



7. Around every corner of the road is a multi-storeyed shopping centre. Wow.

8. Travelling in a transport bus can be a very taxing affair, I'd prefer the crowded Mumbai locals.

9. Match making is a favorite pass time. And it can get really hilarious at times.

10. People there have a heart of gold and they love entertaining and feeding their guests. You're bound to put on a few kilos.

No matter what, Kerala is beautiful, and all my relatives there are wonderful people.


 And I'm already missing all my little nieces and nephews.

Kerala, when will I see you next?




25 comments:

  1. absolutely... yes itz d facts... luvd the way u present it... :) cool yaar

    ReplyDelete
  2. I experienced almost everything in just six months of stay in Trivandrum...
    and my house owner proved point-10 true to its high...
    thanks for the line up and creating some nostalgia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha..Its been a long time since I'm looking forward for visiting Kerala someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool, that's some piece of info for me.
    What's the reason behind point 4??

    Welcome back Jessy :)

    Regards,

    Jay
    http://road-to-sanitarium.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cause you never know if they'd declare a hartal on your wedding day :)

      Delete
    2. HAHAHA, that would be a creative way to get married as well.

      Regards,

      Jay
      http://road-to-sanitarium.blogspot.in/

      Delete
  5. A touch of humor & keen observation in your post.
    But tell me why point no 4 ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you...point no 4 is mostly because of the unpredictable nature of hartals.

      Delete
  6. Kerala is indeed beautiful, I was there last December and enjoyed every bit of my stay!
    You post is hilarious...and point four made me ROFL...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lolz good...normally ppl write very cliche facts but you did a fine balance with good n bad! way to go Jessy, vave!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew few but wasn't aware of few facts like old couple in houses and also Hartals;')

    Good one
    Kerala on my hit list ! Hope to go soon

    ReplyDelete
  9. God's own country is quite a stupid place in many ways. Yet it's indeed Parasuram's kodali creation - god's creation! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jessy you forgot one - If you throw a stone on the road whether it hits a dog or not it will surely hit an engineer !! This would have best told in malayalam :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You kind of summed it up wonderfully. Also a must mention here is our ability to make fun of ourselves :-)..... Here's something that you might like - on the same sentiments :

    http://www.lafemmenirvana.blogspot.in/2009/09/alphabet-song-ode-to-us.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...